Aerial CartwheelA value skill
FIG Code Group: V
FIG Code Box: 21
Drills for Aerial Cartwheel.
- An aggressive kick and lifting of the chest is essential.
- Arms can either be swung across the chest, or up and back (similar to a Russian lift for fronts on floor). Either way the arms should help lift.
- Working on getting the lead leg around quickly is very important. Fast legs and flexible hips is how some can do an Aerial with their nose inches from the floor.
- Work areals off a panel mat to develop the feel of the skill while having a little more time in the air.
- Work aerials uphill onto panel mats. This forces more lift and kick.
Cartwheel - Progressions and Development
Do you know an alternate name for this skill? If so click here.