Backuprise to handstand, bent armBasic skill
Drills for Backuprise to handstand, bent arm.
- Lot of handstand push-ups.
- Be sure to hollow just prior to handstand to maintain control. The swing will pass right through the handstand if the gymnast is arched at the top.
- The gymnast should have a strong inlocate.
- It is critical for the heels to drive aggressivly towards the ceiling and the chest and shoulders to stay down as long as possible. The key is turning over in the rear swing.
- As the gymnast turns over the rings should be pushed down and out.
- As the heels almost reach the cables the gymnast should hollow and continue to push on the rings to maintain control and lift.
Do you know an alternate name for this skill? If so click here.