Reverse pirouette (discussion based on pirouette initiating with right arm)A value skill
FIG Code Group: I
FIG Code Box: 66
Drills for Reverse pirouette (discussion based on pirouette initiating with right arm).
- An aggressive push of the left arm is necessary to initiate this skill.
- Keep on top of the bars. The most common error is to shift too far to the right and pike down.
- It is very important to keep the shoulder angle open and head neutral. Piked shoulders will result in falling off to the right.
- A common error is to pike down over the left bar. It's important to keep the shoulders open and weight over the bars.
- The gymnast needs to push off the right arm aggressively.
Do you know an alternate name for this skill? If so click here.