Front giantB value skill
FIG Code Group: 5
FIG Code Box: 5.202
Drills for Front giant.
- The tendency is to dump the shoulders forward and basically do a forward roll over the bar.
- Work cast handstand lower back to the bar with a spot A LOT!
- From the handstand the gymnast must think about extending as far from the bar as possible on the downward swing.
- The gymnast should stay fully extended until just before passing under the bar.
- As the swing begins to rise a pull down on the bar is initiated as the heels are driven upward.
Do you know an alternate name for this skill? If so click here.